domingo, 10 de noviembre de 2013

New Projects

So many complicated repairs going on. The most time consuming has been the conversion of an old rosewood tele neck to maple. I didn't want to do this at first. Seemed to me to be better to leave it original, but for a year the customer was asking for it, and when he told me he would look for someone else, I finally agreed. It's a veneer fingerboard, so I started the project by choosing an old piece of maple. Thinned it out to a little over 3mm, wet it and bent it over a 7 1/4 radius form block. The rosewood FB I removed by planning and sanding with a radius block. After rough shaping, I glued it up. Took ALL day to work out a clamping system that would close everything up. You have to be creative and patient to do these things, but with some acrylic and shims it finally worked out fine.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario