lunes, 11 de junio de 2012

more j200


This J200 had water damage, and had been very poorly repaired. The luthier took off and replaced the back o.k. but didn't do anything to the top bracing except stuff glue into the open spaces, letting it dry without clamping. The guitar came to me because the bridge was pulling loose. what a suprise we got when we started looking inside. Photos are of some tools I used, spatulas, glue syringes (right and left hand), to clean out the mess and close things up properly. Was a hard call, but I decided to do the work without opening the guitar again. Bridge plate r&r (came right out). bridge reglue, and alot of cleaning and regluing braces.